Sunday, May 24, 2009

Space Wolves List

Here is what I'm planning on building towards at 1850 with my SW project. I know it's not an overly hard list, but it has the right feel to me.

VenDread w/ Assault cannon, Heavy Flamer, Extra armor- 170

Wolf Priest- Plasma Pistol, Frag grenades- 111

Wolf Guard BL- Combi-plasma, Frost Blade, Belt of Russ- 120

6 Grey Hunters- 5 Bolters, 1 Powerfist, Meltagun - 172 pts.
Razorback TLHB

6 Grey Hunters- 5 Bolters, 1 Powerfist, Meltagun - 172 pts.
Razorback TLHB

15 Blood Claws- 1 Flamer, 1 Power weapon, 2 Powerfists- 248

8 Grey Hunters- 7 bolters, Plasmagun, 1 Power weapon and 1 Powerfist- 215
Rhino

9 Grey Hunters- 8 bolters, Plasmagun, 1 Power weapon and 1 Powerfist- 233
Rhino

Predator Destructor- Lascannon sponsons- 120

Whirlwind- 85

5 Long Fangs- 1 Heavy Bolter, 2 Missile Launchers, 1 Lascannon - 198

1844 total

Any suggestions or tweaks would be appreciated.

As promised I've crunched the numbers and decided that this will be the make up of my Great Company.

Logan
Ragnar
Ulrik
Njal Stormcaller (if he makes it back in the codex)
Bjorn
Sternhammer
3 Rune Priests in PA, on bike, and TDA
3 Wolf Priests in PA, on bike, and TDA
3 WGBL 1 in PA, 1 on bike and 1 in TDA
Iron Priest
1 Ven Dread
2 Dreds
10 Wolf Guard in PA
10 Wolf Guard in TDA
12 Wolf Scouts
99 Grey Hunters (12 Packs: 3@6, 3@8, 3@9 and 3@ 10)
30 Blood Claws
8 Blood Claws with Jump Packs
16 BC Bikers
4 Attack Bikes
6 Landspeeders
3 Preds
1 Vindicator
2 Whirlwinds
2 Landraiders
1 LR Crusader
20 Long Fangs

I almost forgot the transports
10 Rhinos
4 Razorbacks
I would like to make or buy enough drop pods for everything to deepstrike.

That's whopping 220 infantry and bikes! I have about 80% of the models on hand I'm waiting for the new Codex and models to buy the rest. Should take about a year to get the GC up and running!

2 comments:

  1. Jim, you sure picked the right time to dive into your SW army. Looks like they're finally gonna get some tender loving care from GW. As a non-gamer, I can only say that it's an impressive army list but how do you intend to formulate your tactics with your SW? And if the rumours are true (plastic SW scouts, Long Fangs & termies), that means I'll have to start salting some money away now to make it in time for the preorders.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be doing a few pictoral tacticas once I get a handle on the new Codex.

    I figure one tactica for each of the major build types and one for each SW unit should be a good place to start.

    This project is really a labor of love for me. As I have been a fan of the Wolves since RT back in 1987.

    ReplyDelete