Sunday, June 14, 2009

Shiny model syndrome

So it's been a week since I primed the Grey Hunters for my Space Wolves and I sit here with 6 partially basecoated miniatures. Here's what happened; I was cleaning out my garage and found a box filled with lots of unopened Flames of War boxed sets. I had completely forgotten I about them. So I have spent the week cleaning up and basing them. Grrr....

I came to my senses today and started working on my Hunters again.

Do any of you suffer from the shiny model syndrome?

I really hate getting derailed so easily! I guess it's just the nature of the beast that is miniatures wargaming.

Cheers for now,
Jim

PS: While I've got you attention, if you like Space Wolves you should check out Adams Space Wolves Blog he's make much better progress than I am this week. I've known Adam for a few years as a poster on many of the popular forums, he's a great guy.

4 comments:

  1. Good looking too. Don't forget 'good looking' :)

    I'm currently set up to paint 1 model per evening.

    I estimate it will take me 8 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do suffer from SMS! That's actually the whole reason I started my blog: to keep myself on task. So far it's working, but the purchased models have far outstripped the built or painted models and are calling to me. I fear I'll devolve into a fully built and unpainted army again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks fir the comments, SMS goes hand in hand with Gamers ADD.

    Adam good looking has a lot to so with SMS otherwise why would you get distracted! I try to work on one mini a night, but I get easily distracted with ideas for miniatures conversions. I'll be watching you 8 week plan with great interest. Good Luck!

    Rabidchild, I totally get you on the Blog point. Which is why I did mine too, I've slowly been moving away from the forum based Plogs and focusing on the Blog.

    Anyhow, back to the painting table. I am making a lot of progress on the Hunter with the fist. expect an update tonight.

    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suffer more from a subtype of shiny model syndrome known as shiny conversion syndrome. Being pretty well stocked up on sprues, the challenge I took up was to make conversions which are as unique as possible; everytime I get a new conversion concept in my head, it absolutely refuses to leave me alone until I complete it in real life. As soon as I finish one conversion, several more new conversion concepts pop into my head all screaming for attention & I end up with a lot of partly finished & absolutely unpainted models. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete