Sunday, April 24, 2011

Commission Test Model






Here is the test model for the Angels of Vengeance. I still need to clean a few things up, but this does convey the paint scheme as I have envisioned it. I was not sure what to do with the Thunderhammer, but I think the blue wash over the gunmetal works nicely.

The client asked for a dark and brooding themed paint job with no exaggerated highlights on the black, he also wanted the red accent color to remain dark.

The bases are the flagstone ones like I use from Secret Weapon miniatures. He wants the bases to convey flagstone being reclaimed by the jungle, so I need to work out the rest of the basing.

Now I need to get approval from my client before I dig into the rest of the army.

8 comments:

  1. Dark and brooding is right. There's real menace and mystery in that scheme. I like it a lot, and I'm surprised we don't see this approach more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Porky is right, the scheme is coming along nicely,I can not wait to see what an entire squad of these guys look like. I really like the simple, yet highly effective paint scheme. Nice work as always Jim!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole feeling of the miniature is spot-on for dark and brooding -- it looks awesome. I particularly like the eyes of the terminator: they're full of the promise of menace.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with jabberjabber- there is something about those eyes that just SLAYS. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic syuff there mate.

    When your done and when I can sorce all the bitz and gubbinz want to do me a Thor for my Night Lords?

    ReplyDelete
  6. After reading that you were going for dark... it all makes sense now.

    Nice work.
    Ron, From the Warp

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments and feedback. I have to be honest I was not sure I could pull this off without a bit more highlighting, but it sure did work out ok.

    I've heard back from the client and other than a couple of tweaks the scheme is good to go! More Pics soon!

    Dee, there will be no thunderhammers left over for me to share, they will all be used in the army.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Not a problem I did say let me sorce the bits.

    ReplyDelete