Thursday, October 4, 2012

2k of new Chaos Marine madness

Here is my first list using the new Chaos Marine codex, it is utilizing models that I currently have so it missing the new stuff.

With the Champions of Chaos rule, I have decided for me it spells the end of power fist champions. Having to issue and accept all challenges, I'd rather get my swings in. So enter the day of the Power Maul and Power Sword.

As for basic Chaos Marines, they did get cheaper if you wanna give up one leadership and your close combat weapon. I won't do that, I'll pay the 16 points per model to have +1 leadership and my CCW's, plus hatred Space marines.

With the addition of Flakk missiles to the Havoc squads I am seeing a gain in 3+ boots on the ground in my list. Which is great in my opinion!

Bikes are amazing now with a base cost of 20 points per model. Holy crap! They are my go to unit for fast attack. The mark of Nurgle is only 6 points per model; so 26 points for toughness six bikers, yes please!

I see a lot of moaning about Chosen marines, I think they are better overall than before. (again in my opinion) They lost infiltrate big whoop, they gained an attack and one point in cost, but they are still rocking Bolters, Bolt Pistols and CCW's base. That for the math challenged is 3 base attacks! I feel that Chosen will shine with a mix of special shooting weapons and specialized CC weapons; making for a very versatile unit.

Chaos Lords have become amazingly cheap, but be warned it is easy to overspend on these killy monsters! I think that the average Lord is gonna run around 150 points which is pretty good for a killy character.

Be warned, all of our generic HQ's have lost their inbuilt Invulnerable saves, you must now purchase them. Another thing of note is that only the Chaos lord and Daemon Prince are Fearless.



HQ (145pts)
Chaos Lord Sevetus
The Black Mace, Sigil of Corruption, Vet of long war, Ichor of Blood
Total: 145pts

Elite (280pts)
Chosen squad Anamayus (8)       
Flamer, 2 Melta, Power Fist, Power weapon, Vets of long war
Champ with Power weapon
Rhino: dozer blade
Total: 280pts

Troops (894pts)
Marine squad Decimus (10) 
2 Melta guns, x-tra CCW, Vets long war, Icon of Vengeance
Champion with Power weapon
Rhino: dozer blade, havoc launcher
Total: 282pts

Marine squad Barbarus (10)
2 Plasma guns, x-tra CCW, Vets long war, Icon of Vengeance
Champion with Power weapon
Rhino: dozer blade, havoc launcher
Total: 292pts

Marine squad Grakus (15)
2 Plasma guns, x-tra CCW, Vets long war, Icon of Vengeance
Champion with Power weapon
Total: 320pts

Fast Attack (207pts)
Bike squad Agron (6)
2 Melta guns, Vets long war, Mark of Nurgle
Champion with Power weapon
Total: 207pts

Heavy Support (470pts)
Havoc squad Ludo (10)
3 Missile launchers with Flakk missiles, 1 Lascannon
Total: 235pts

Havoc squad Mercion (10)
3 Missile launchers with Flakk missiles, 1 Lascannon
Total: 235pts

 This list has 70 3+ save models, heck yeah! As my buddy Chase would say "Come at me Bro!"



5 comments:

  1. I like it Big Jim! A lot of bodies and fearless troops. My only fear being the 3 rhinos not getting you very far as they will be quick targets. On the bright side it's 9 hull points at a low cost that takes away from shooting at your other units. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comments. I am not overly worried about the survivability of the rhinos, while I will make good use of cover for them, they only need to survive the first movement phase to get me near mid-field.

    I think this list will be a blast to run, I seldom have more than 50 marines in a list and this list is about boots on the ground!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jejeje I like it But the icon of vengeance is to high... for 30 pts you can have T5... But fearless is good!!!

    This is my 2nd list also at 2000 pts!

    http://eltallerdelcuervo.blogspot.com/2012/10/lista-mejorada-2000-pts.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree bikers are potentially really nice, just need to find a good balance between upgrades and making them too expensive.

    Also agree Chosen need to be thought of differently now. Before they were a strike force/homing beacon on their own, now they need to be thought of more as just elite CSM, move up behind regular squads and deal with whatever problem arises.

    Look forward to seeing more!

    Third agreement is the havocs. I think with flakk we may be seeing more mixed havoc squads come about. I was thinking of two autocannon, two ML with flakk.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that rearranged itself somehow...

    ReplyDelete