Saturday, August 6, 2016

Progress on the Warlord Krüg conversion


This post has been sitting as a draft since mid march, it somehow got lost in the shuffle. So I thought I would post it now since no further progress has been made and the question in the post is still valid.

So here is the upper body of Warlord Krüg, for the most part I am happy with him so far.

He will get pre-heresy shoulder pads using Ron's guide on FTW, as a starting point. I still need to strip the scythe head and two skulls on top of the armor, they are both just sitting on their pins.

My only question to you guys is, does the pose work?

Edit: Here is a not so great side shot of the model, to give a little more perspective on the pose.

8 comments:

  1. It's not the most dynamic pose I've seen from you, but I like it. He looks formidable. Since that is presumably the point of the pose, I would say it's pretty much a nail on the head situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks dude, I was shooting for imposing over dynamism.

    Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that I can't really tell without seeing the head. After all, that's part of the posing, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Works for me. It looks as if he could even be gesturing with the gun, in which case the head could be aimed elsewhere, and that might add to the sense of an imposing figure, calmly overseeing the battle.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, assuming you do the head well, i think it looks fine.

    It's definitely imposing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the comments. His head is almost a perfect match for the original Warlord model that I use for my Avatar.

    He will be looking where his left hand is pointing.

    Cheers,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the pose is fine - especially with the head pointing in that direction. My question to you would be: Is it common for you to paint models in sections the way you are showing here?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Carl,
    Normally I paint models completely built. I am painting this model in two pieces because of the cape.

    The legs are about half finished. I still need to strip the scythe and skulls as I mentioned before. Then I will get to painting the top half of the model.

    I am going to add a not so great side shot of the model to give more perspective on the pose.

    Cheer,
    Jim

    ReplyDelete